KPG is looking to fill a traffic engineering position in our Seattle office. The traffic group is currently heavily involved in traffic signal, illumination and ITS design. The ideal candidate has a passion for and a willingness to learn both design and planning, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT), or PE
- Prior professional experience in Civil/Transportation Engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel
- Ability to handle multiple project commitments
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
The ideal candidate will be available to start as soon as possible.
KPG is a well-established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, and Construction Services firm with 4 offices located throughout Washington State. We’re a fun, rewarding place to work!
Under the supervision of the Traffic Engineering Manager, this position serves as an in-house traffic/transportation engineer able to independently develop alternative engineering methods and detailed analysis based on sound professional judgment to make design or technical decisions on moderately complex issues and interpret policy with general oversight or review. The Associate Engineer – Traffic position will assist with overseeing the transportation program, including: participating in the planning, design and implementation of moderately complex public works capital improvement projects; assisting with establishing and implementing traffic engineering and operations programs; participating in and overseeing the review of new development proposals with respect to transportation related issues; assisting with implementation and management of the City’s transportation concurrency and road impact fee programs; representing the City in coordinating with regional planning and funding agencies; assisting with managing and preparing funding grant applications such as with King County, Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) and WSDOT; and coordinating traffic issues with neighbor agencies; and responding to citizen’s traffic concerns and requests.
The City of Kent is currently accepting applications for the position of Traffic Engineer IV – City Traffic Engineer in our Public Works Department. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer who is able to effectively oversee traffic operations, various transportation-related programs and assigned projects. Supervisory skills are also essential for success in this position. A bachelor’s degree in civil or transportation engineering and at least eight (8) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience are required. The possession of a Professional Engineer (PE) license is also required.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide senior transportation engineering and planning expertise and manage project scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables. You will present results to external clients and stakeholders as well as demonstrate the ability to lead internal tasks, provide senior quality review on projects, provide oversight of project deliverables, and mentor staff.
As a Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager you will be asked to:
• Demonstrate successful leadership in a working team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and with strong writing abilities
• Use your technical skills in traffic analysis and modeling, transportation planning, and/or traffic engineering on a variety of projects
• Coordinate the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, organization of subconsultants and internal technical and support staff
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, and scheduling performance
• Lead effective client and stakeholder meetings and presentations
• Maintain a close relationship with clients and track upcoming project opportunities and collaborate on project pursuits to win work
• Mentor and grow mid-level staff